Position: General Manager
Location: Best Western Hershey– Hershey, Pennsylvania
Please email resumes (including salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Perform administrative duties including: reading and writing reports and orally communicating with
guests, clients, managers, corporate office, local associations, etc.
• Critically review financial reports. Make judgments and implement changes to maximize profits.
• Supervise development of and revision to business plan, annual budget and annual forecasts.
• Interview, hire, supervise, and counsel department managers in the efficient operation of their
• Develop and delegate improvement plans for operation and review performance of management
• Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for Milestone and your hotel.
Meet with potential and current clients and promote hotel.
• Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis.
• Monitor cost control, property condition, cleanliness and quality of product and service throughout hotel.
• Greet and maintain rapport with employees and customers.
• Travel to attend corporate and brand meetings.
• Monitor hotels safety program
• Report to Regional Director or COO concerning overall performance of property and accomplishments within the operation.
• Review quality assurance and preventative maintenance programs and conduct room, public space, and back of house inspections on daily basis for compliance.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
• Knowledge of hotel operations, including business plans, safety and security programs, personnel and labor relations, budget preparation, maintenance, capital plans, forecasting, quality assurance programs, hotel law, and the development of short and long term planning.
• Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, and control.
•Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, clear and understandable in order to formulate complex reports and communicate with the public, staff, corporate offices, and
owners. Excellent verbal communication skills are needed.
• Ability to move throughout premises and visually inspect conditions including bending, stooping,
and reaching arms overhead.
• Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
• Ability to travel to various sites on and off hotel property and continuously perform essential job
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Completion of Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
• Minimum of three years experience in an Executive Committee Management position and/or
• Experience in all phases of hotel management, including sales and marketing, daily management of all areas of operations involving human resources, food and beverage, financial management, rooms, housekeeping, and maintenance.
Licenses or Certificates
• AH&LA – Certified Hotel Administrator (CHA)
• CPR certification required
Equal Opportunity Employer