Direct and organize the activities of the food & beverage department to maintain
high standards of food and beverage quality, service and merchandising to
maximize hotel profitability.
Summary of essential job functions
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems,
provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when
appropriate. Use PMHS efforts for all recruiting and on-boarding activities.
2. Plan and direct administration and planning functions of the food & beverage
department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
3. Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the
operation of the various food & beverage sub-departments, i.e. room service,
restaurants, banquets, kitchens, steward, etc.
4. Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all food &
beverage sub-departments to achieve a profitable result.
5. Participate with food & beverage managers in the creation of menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
6. Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-
departments to PMHS standards.
7. Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving
alcoholic beverages. Ensure proper liquor controls are in place.
8. Oversee all cash handling staff to ensure PMHS’s cash handling policies and
procedures are adhered to. Comply with all PMHS accounting rules and standards to ensure compliance.
9. Assist managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives
and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and
10. Regularly review and evaluate the degree of guest satisfaction of the individual restaurants and banquet service, to recommend new operating and marketing policies when sales are declining or imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up or the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
11. Develop operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management
principles, e.g. budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion
specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, etc.
12. Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the
associates in the food and beverage department. Plan and administer a training
and development program within the department which will provide well-trained
associates at all levels.
13. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
14. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
15. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to move throughout all food and beverage areas and hospitality suites and continuously perform essential job functions. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to observe and distinguish product quality. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
by smell, taste, and appearance.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PMHS staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PMHS associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PMHS. Every PMHS associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore,
the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the
Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.