LaSalle Hotel Properties (the “Company”) is accepting candidates for the position of Financial Analyst at its corporate office in Bethesda, MD.
The financial analyst position is an integral role, contributing substantially to our success as a publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT).
The position allows for unlimited interaction with each of the company’s disciplines, including Asset Management, Acquisitions and Corporate Finance. Our analysts gain a deep understanding of the practices that lead to the generation of superior returns through real estate investment.
The primary role of this position is to provide support at different intervals to one of several important disciplines within the Company: Asset Management, Acquisitions and Finance.
Each of our Financial Analysts serve at some point in our Asset Management function, while potential exists to work in Acquisitions and Corporate Finance.
• Review and analyze operating and capital budgets, and marketing plans of hotels;
• Review and analyze monthly hotel financial statements;
• Participate in regular meetings with senior company personnel, including CEO and hotel managers;
• Produce ad-hoc analyses to evaluate the performance of hotel assets and seek-out opportunities for greater efficiency and better performance;
• Assist with planning and execution of renovation projects;
• Prepare financial projections and valuations of hotels using DCF techniques;
• Monitor leases, management agreements, franchise agreements, etc. to protect ownership rights and ensure contract compliance;
• Assemble and evaluate economic, demographic and market information;
• Develop financial models to evaluate investment returns on proposed capital projects;
• Work with tax, insurance, food and beverage, sales and marketing, labor and other consultants in matters related to the hotels;
• Participate in hotel site visits and market tours to obtain first hand knowledge of our hotels, competition and demand generators.
• Extensive modeling of potential hotel acquisitions, including financial projections and IRR analyses;
• Assist with market research, due diligence and closing activities;
• Prepare investment memoranda used for decision making by the Board of Directors;
• Develop and model leases between the Company and single purpose entities;
• Assist with the development of capital improvements or repositioning plans;
• Extensive work with the Senior Vice President of Acquisitions and Chief Operating Officer.
• Assist with public stock offerings and debt placement;
• Work closely with senior management on strategic planning initiatives;
• Preparation of Corporate Budget; monthly forecasting of Corporate income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows; assist with preparation of 8Ks, 10Qs and 10K;
• Assist with preparation of quarterly earnings calls and other presentations to investors, lenders, Board of Directors, etc.;
• Assist in preparation and review of Company press releases;
• Assist with Sarbanes Oxley compliance;
• Work with the Treasurer and CFO on a day-to-day basis.
• Outstanding record of academic achievement;
• Strong analytical and computer skills (high degree of Excel competency required, PowerPoint and Word a plus);
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (oral and written);
• Strong work ethic and high level of integrity;
• Must work well with others and be self-motivated;
• Exceptional attention to detail;
• BA/BS is required, concentration in hotel courses preferred;
• Experience with financial modeling required.
LaSalle Hotel Properties is a leading multi-operator real estate investment trust. The Company owns 45 hotels and a mezzanine loan secured by two hotels in Santa Monica, CA. The properties are upscale, full-service hotels, totaling approximately 11,400 guest rooms in 14 markets in 10 states and the District of Columbia. The Company focuses on owning, redeveloping and repositioning upscale, full-service hotels located in urban, resort and convention markets. LaSalle Hotel Properties seeks to grow through strategic relationships with premier lodging companies, including Westin Hotels and Resorts, Hilton Hotels Corporation, Outrigger Lodging Services, Noble House Hotels & Resorts, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Benchmark Hospitality, White Lodging Services Corporation, Commune Hotels and Resorts, Davidson Hotel Company, Denihan Hospitality Group, the Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant Group, LLC, Accor, Destination Hotels & Resorts, HEI Hotels & Resorts, JRK Hotel Group, Inc., Viceroy Hotel Group, Highgate Hotels and Access Hotels & Resorts.
Vice President Asset Management
LaSalle Hotel Properties
For additional information, please visit our website at www.lasallehotels.com