Edith Pitt Chace Award
The Edith Pitt Chace Award recognizes an outstanding student leader and scholar in the College of Health and Human Development.
Eligibility and Criteria
This award shall be given to two College of Health and Human Development rising seniors. Candidates must:
- have at least sixth semester standing at the beginning of spring semester 2014;
- demonstrate outstanding scholarship (3.0 or above cumulative grade point average), and;
- demonstrate outstanding leadership in the college and The Pennsylvania State University.
The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations will receive the nominations and forward them to the Awards Committee of the HHD Alumni Society Board. Nominations may be made by students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Students may nominate themselves. The nomination/self-nomination shall consist of:
- Completed application form.
- Statement by the candidate, not to exceed 200 words, explaining why he/she should be considered.
- One letter of reference from a faculty member of the college.
The recipients of this award shall be selected by the Awards Committee of the College of Health and Human Development Alumni Society Board.
The recipients shall each receive a $1,250 scholarship, which will be applied toward tuition during the next academic year. The recipients will also receive a plaque, which will be presented at a ceremony in the spring.
February 14, 2014
- Edith Pitt Chace Award form (online)
- Edith Pitt Chace nomination criteria and form here (.pdf)
- Edith Pitt Chace nomination criteria and form here (.doc)
|2001||Annina Catherine Burns|
|1999||Debra A. Baldassano|
|1996||Erin A. Foley|
|1995||James Russell Berry and Jason Dietz|
|1994||Gretchen A. Ketner|
|1991||Jillian M. Piper|
|1989||Lisa M. Taylor|
|1985||Anne Barnhart Fulker|
|1984||Ann Reinhard Schildhammer|
|1983||Joseph S. Kucher|
Recipients prior to 1981 are listed by the graduation year of the recipient, not the year in which the award was presented.
1981 Loretta Rieser-Danner, I F S
1979 Diana Kubitsky Fields, HE ED
1978 Cathy Ehrenzeller Dysinger, I F S
1974 Michelle A. Morganosky, MER C
1973 Betsy Hospers Quackenbush, C R S
1972 Susan Rode McLaughlin, I F S
1971 Mary Beth Pastorius, I F S
1970 Susan Lupton Nagy, I F S
1969 Margaret R. Schellin, C S B
1969 Wilma J. Yannerella, I F S
1967 Rebecca Kunkel Jessen McKillican, C S B
1966 Norma Kravitz Greenberg, C S B
1966 Rebecca Walker Mihelcic, CL TX
1965 Laura Smail Sims, I F S
1964 Kaye Kittle Boyer, H EC
1963 V. Sue Henderson Schantz, H EC
1962 Joann Carl Ertel, H EC
1962 Judith Wilson, PH ED
1961 Lurene Jochem Frantz, H EC
1961 Martha Wilson Smith, H EC
1960 Lorna Henry Cardinal, H EC
1960 Helen Skade Hintz, H EC
1959 Alice Beebe Ruffing, H EC
1958 Joan M. Halligan, H EC
1957 Barbara Kulp Gross, H EC
1957 Janet Reid Dierks, H EC
1956 Edith Kriebel Conte, H EC
1954 Jane Albrecht Hawkins, H EC
1953 Gale Grimm Smith, H EC
1952 Jane Strawn Brosius, H EC
1951 Barbara G. Van Sickel, H EC
1950 Martha Reichenbach Horn, H EC