Evan G. and Helen G. Pattishall Outstanding Research Achievement Award
The Pattishall Outstanding Research Achievement Award honors a tenured or tenure-track faculty member’s outstanding research contributions occurring or culminating within the past several years.
The College of Health and Human Development and its Alumni Society wish to recognize and reward outstanding researchers for advancing the frontiers of knowledge.
The Outstanding Research Achievement Award is established to affirm the important role that significant research accomplishments play in a fully-developed program of Health and Human Development/Nursing education.
- All tenured or tenure-track faculty are eligible.
- Candidate must have evidence of significant scholarly contributions
in the past five years.
- Candidate must have a major discovery or contributed a significant
advance to the field.
The nomination shall consist of the following:
- A resume or curriculum vita.
- One comprehensive support letter that details how the candidate’s research contributions meet the award criteria and identifies the nature and significance of the faculty member’s recent contributions to knowledge. The letter should be signed by the department head and two other nominators.
- Summary of research conducted
- List of publications from the last five years only
- Other information pertinent to the candidate’s accomplishments
Selection will be made by a committee, including alumni representation, appointed by the Dean of the College of Health and Human Development.
Past recipients are not eligible for a period of five years.
The recipient will receive a monetary award and a plaque.
The deadline for nominations is May 30, 2014.
Completed nomination packets can be submitted by one of these three ways:
College of Health and Human Development
201 Henderson Building
University Park, PA 16802-6501
Kristi Stoehr at email@example.com
Evan G. and Helen G. Pattishall Outstanding Research Achievement Award nomination
|2013||Leann Birch, HDFS, NUTR|
|2012||Jennifer Maggs, HDFS|
|2011||Linda Collins, Methodology Center/HDFS|
|2010||David Almeida, HDFS|
|2009||Rob Turrisi, BBH|
|2008||Robert Sainburg, KINES|
|2007||Robert Eckhardt, KINES|
|2006||Barbara J. Rolls, NUTR|
|2005||Anthony D'Augelli, HDFS|
|2004||Ann Crouter, HDFS|
|2003||Pamela Farley Short, HPA|
|2002||Janice Light, CSD|
|2001||Mark Latash, KINES|
|2000||Linda Burton, HDFS|
|1999||Cynthia Stifter, HDFS|
|1998||Susan McHale, HDFS|
|1997||W. Larry Kenney, KINES|
|1996||A. Catherine Ross, NUTR|
|1995||Steve Zarit, HDFS|
|1994||Elizabeth J. Susman, BBH|
|1993||Lynne Vernon-Feagans, HDFS|
|1992||Michael A. Smyer, HDFS
Penny M. Kris-Etherton, NUTR
|1991||Sherry Willis, HDFS
Michael Green, NUTR
|1990||Alexander von Eye, HDFS
Mary Frances Picciano, NUTR
|1989||John Beard, NUTR|