Pauline Schmitt Russell Distinguished Research Career Award
The Pauline Schmitt Russell Distinguished Research Career Award honors a senior faculty member In the College of Health and Human Development or the School of Nursing who has made outstanding research contributions to the field across a major portion of his or her career.
The College of Health and Human Development and its Alumni Society wish to recognize and reward outstanding researchers for advancing the frontiers of knowledge.
- All faculty are eligible.
- Candidate must have at least three years of service at Penn State.
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to conduct original
research at Penn State.
- Candidate must have evidence of scholarly contributions to the
literature over a major portion of his or her career.
- Candidate must have evidence (i.e. citations) that his or her research
has influenced the field.
The nomination shall consist of the following:
- A resume or curriculum vita
- One comprehensive support letter that details how the candidate’s research contributions meet the award criteria. The letter should be signed by the department head and two other nominators.
- Summary of research from the candidate’s career
- A list of publications
- Other information pertinent to the candidate’s accomplishments
Selection will be made by a committee, including alumni representation, appointed by the Dean of the College of Health and Human Development.
Past recipients are not eligible.
The recipient will receive a monetary award and a plaque.
The deadline for nominations is June 14, 2013.
Completed nomination packets can be submitted by one of these three ways:
College of Health and Human Development
201 Henderson Building
University Park, PA 16802-6501
Kristi Stoehr at email@example.com
Pauline Schmitt Russell Distinguished Research Career Award nomination
|2012||Susan McHale, HDFS|
|2011||Roger McCarter, BBH|
|2010||Peter Molenaar, HDFS|
|2009||A. Catharine Ross, NUTR|
|2008||Steven Zarit, HDFS|
|2007||John Beard, NUTR|
|2006||Janice C. Light, CSD|
|2005||W. Larry Kenney, KINES|
|2004||Mark Latash, KINES|
|2003||Lynn Kozlowski, BBH|
|2002||Mark Greenberg, HDFS/Prevention Center|
|2001||Sherry Willis, HDFS|
|2000||Leann Birch, HDFS|
|1999||Karl Newell, KINES|
|1998||Vladmir Zatsiorsky, KINES|
|1997||Peter Cavanagh, KINES|
|1996||Barbara J. Rolls, NUTR|
|1995||John Milner, NUTR|
|1994||Gerald E. McClearn, HDFS|
|1993||K. Warner Schaie, HDFS|
|1992||Anne C. Petersen|
|1989||John A. Lucas, EX SCI|
|1988||Elsworth Buskirk, EX SCI|