Clinical and Service Units
- Center for Food Innovation
- Peter Bordi, Director
- The Center for Food Innovation (CFI) at Penn State is a unique, cooperative research venture between the food industry and academia. CFI's mission is to lead industry and university initiatives that create and enhance science and technologies applications while providing the food industry with unbiased world-class information and products developed with the purpose of promoting nutritious foods.
- Developmental Systems Group
- The HHD Center for Research in Developmental Systems provides consultation in the areas of statistics, research design, and measurement for faculty, staff and graduate students of the College of Health and Human Development and for social science faculty researchers due to the support the Center receives from the Social Science Research Institute (SSRI).
- The DSG also includes the HHD Methodology Consulting Group that provides consultation in the areas of statistics, research design, and measurement for faculty, staff, and graduate students of the College of Health and Human Development and for social science and other faculty, staff, and student researchers associated with the Social Science Research Institute (SSRI).
- NEEDs Center
- Speech and Hearing Clinic
- The Penn State Speech and Hearing Clinic is housed within the department of Communication Sciences and Disorders. The Clinic sponsors several programs designed to give students clinical experience in all age groups having a wide variety of communication disorders. Supervision is provided by CSD faculty holding Certificates of Clinical Competence in Speech/Language Pathology and Audiology. The Clinic contains individual and group therapy rooms (several equipped with one-way mirrors and sound systems), audiological suites, and both adult and child therapy rooms.
- Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health
- The mission of PORH is to improve the health of rural communities and their residents throughout the Commonwealth by compiling, analyzing, and disseminating information on rural healthcare needs, policies and issues; strengthening the existing network of rural providers, planners, and advocates; and acting as a liaison between academia, state government, professional associations and the general public.
If you would like to list your laboratory or center on this page, please contact the Health and Human Development Office of College Relations