News and Deadlines
All ERS Users,
- ERS has created a new reimbursement form in ERS called Travel Arranger Airfare Expenses. The Travel Arranger Airfare Expenses reimbursement Form is used when one pcard holder arranges travel for a group of individuals. The ERS report will include all the airfare for the travelers. Please make sure if the expenses are for non-employees there is a note that all travelers are US citizens and that a VISIT form is on file in the department.
- If a traveler is a Non-US Citizen,a separate ERS report should be completed so the visa information can be captured and the VISIT form and appropriate documentation must be scanned into the report.
- If the traveler is being reimbursed for other expenses, a separate report should be completed in their name to keep all the expenses together.
- The Internal Revenue Service announced today that the personal mileage reimbursement rate will be increased to $0.560. cents per mile effective January 1, 2014. The Employee Reimbursement System has been updated with the new rate and effective date to ensure reimbursement of mileage for travel occurring on or after January 1, 2014 will be calculated using the new rate.
Entertainment Vendors are prohibited from doing any business whatsover with Penn State:
- The Smith Agency out of Grand Rapids, Michigan has been permanently prohibited (includes all events regardless of insurance requirements). If any campus receives any calls from The Smith Agency simply notify them the University is unable to do business with them and if there are any questions direct them to contact Richel Perretti in Risk Management.
- The company Cutting Edge Productions, which also goes by the name CEP Inc., out of Grand Rapids, Michigan is prohibited until their insurance meets the University’s insurance requirements. This was effective late 2011 and Cutting Edge Productions has been recently reminded about Penn State’s insurance requirements so they are aware of what they need to do to become compliant. It is important to note that this applies to any and all events with Cutting Edge Productions even if it is an activity we would not request proof of insurance for. (NOTE: the company Cutting Edge Entertainment and Event Planning LLC is
not the same entity.)
No contracts with these two companies should be signed at any point unless you have secured Risk Management approval.