POST DOC SCHOLARS (FT2 APPOINTMENTS)
Post Doc Scholars (FT2 Appointments)
1. Process new appointments on a NAPP form. Changes and re-appointments are processed on GRAD form.
2. Scholars are considered full time (1.0 FTE) but temporary 48 wk appointments, and are typically for a 1 year period.
3. Postdoc Scholars are typcially supported by a faculty sponsor's research grants or contracts. Appointments are elibible for limited benefits that include health and life insurance.
4. Are graned to appointees that were recently awarded a PH.d or equivalent degree.
5. Must be paid the minimum annual salary noted each July 1. This is noted at the bottom on the Grad stipend table in Guru. (https://guru.psu.edu/gfug/appendices/APP05.html.
6. Items to look at on new appointment NAPP.GFST forms are:
- Effective date & appointment begin date should be the same.
- Effective/begin date cannot be earlier than the 1-9 begin work date for International students.
- The appointment end date cannot be more than 12 months after the appointment begin date. Appointments can cross fiscal year.
- Departments should process a green sheet and send to Hr (Susie) and Mary.
- Information on the green shee should agree with the information on the appointment form.
- Pay budget - 423-98 1002 account.
- Pay code - MNTH.
- Tuitions should mostly be noted to be paid by the student - since these employees have already completed their degree. The only general account that can be cahrged tuition is 688-??. Exceptions required Coporate Controller's approval.
- In the note pad indicate the budget/fund to charge. If this is a restricted fund please process a yellow salary sheet.