Nomination / Selection of Students
You are encouraged to self-nominate for the GLI. Department heads, school directors, advisers, and faculty and staff members also are encouraged to nominate qualified students.
To be selected, you should meet several criteria:
- Ideally, you will be a sophomore or junios during the semester you enroll in HHD 387A.
- Participate in HHD 397A at the University Park campus.
- Have a minimum grade-point average of 3.00.
- Have a strong desire to develop global leadership skills and knowledge in your chosen field.
- Be prepared to spend at least three weeks abroad participating in activities that will foster a deeper understanding of the culture of the country and of the health, human development, and sustainability issues in the country.
- Commit to pursuing these global leadership qualifications throughout your undergraduate career and share your experiences with future cohorts of GLI students.