Nomination / Selection of Students
You are encouraged to self-nominate for the GLI. Department heads, school directors, advisers, and faculty and staff members also are encouraged to nominate qualified students.
To be selected, you should meet several criteria:
- Ideally, you will be a sophomore or junios during the semester you enroll in HHD 387A, Introduction to Global Leadership Seminar.
- Participate in HHD 397A at the University Park campus. HHD397A is offered every Fall semester.
- Have a minimum grade-point average of 3.00.
- Have a strong desire to develop global leadership skills and knowledge in your chosen field.
- Be prepared to spend at least three weeks abroad participating in activities that will foster a deeper understanding of the culture of the country and of the health, human development, and sustainability issues in the country. Students are able to use study abroad experiences to fulfill this expectation.
- Commit to pursuing these global leadership qualifications throughout your undergraduate career and share your experiences with future cohorts of GLI students.