Nomination / Selection of Students
Students are encouraged to self-nominate. Department heads, school directors, advisors, and faculty and staff members also are encouraged to nominate qualified students.
To be selected, students should meet several criteria:
- Be in their sophomore year (although juniors may be accepted from “discovery” majors that have a limited number of underclass students).
- Participate in HHD 397A at the University Park campus.
- Have a minimum grade-point average of 3.00.
- Have a strong desire to develop global leadership skills and knowledge in their chosen field.
- Be prepared to spend at least three weeks abroad participating in activities that will foster a deeper understanding of the culture of the country and of the health, human development, and sustainability issues in the country.
- Commit to pursuing these global leadership qualifications throughout their undergraduate careers and to share their experiences with future cohorts of GLI students.