Please send your news items to email@example.com
- Jeff Dew (HDFS and Demography, 2007) just promoted to associate professor at Utah State.
- The National Governors Association (NGA) named Jennifer Brooks (HDFS PhD, 2000) director of the Economic, Human Services and Workforce Division of the NGA Center for Best Practices (NGA Center). The NGA Center gathers, develops and disseminates innovative solutions to today’s most pressing public policy challenges in direct support of the nation’s governors.
- Kelly Cichy (HDFS PhD, 2007), recently received tenure and was promoted to Associate Professor at Kent State University.
- Claire Kamp Dush (HDFS PhD, 2005), Professor of Human Development and Family Science, recently won The Ohio State University - College of Education and Human Ecology, Distinguished Teaching Award! http://news.ehe.osu.edu/2014/04/10/colleges-distinguished-awards-highlight-faculty-staff-success/
- Tanya Boone-Holladay (HDFS PhD, 2004) has been named Chair of the Department of Psychology at Cal State Bakersfield: http://www.csub.edu/psychology/contact/index.html
- Shannon Jarrott (HDFS PhD, 1999) has been named a co-recipient of Gernerations United's Brabazon Award for Evaluation Research. This distinction recognizes significant contributions to the field of evaluation research in the intergenerational field. The award was given based on a recent paper she co-authored in The Gerontologist, "Complement of Research and Theory in Practice: Contact Theory at Work in Non-Familial Intergenerational Programs." Jarrott currently is an associate professor at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Mark Ginsberg (HDFS PhD, 1981), executive director and CEO of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), has been appointed dean of Mason’s College of Education and Human Development, effective Aug. 1.
- Kira Birditt (2002) won the Early Career Award from the Society for the Study of Human Development.
- Megan Patrick (2008) holds the Ruth L. Kirschstein Nation Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Post-Doctoral Fellowship (NIAAA). Megan has accepted a position with the University of Michigan's SRC Faculty Research Fellows Program. She plans a research career focused on prevention and developmental science that informs health promotion efforts designed to reduce the negative effects of substance use. Her research interests center on the etiology and prevention of substance use behaviors among adolescents and young adults.
- Erin Sharp (2006) has accepted a new position as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Studies at the University of New Hampshire. The position provides a joint appointment between Family Studies and the Carsey Institute, a new research center that conducts policy-relevant research focused on vulnerable children, youth, and families.
- Joseph Gaugler, Ph.D. (1999), Associate Professor, School of Nursing, Center on Aging, and Coordinator of Research Initiatives, Center for Gerontological Nursing, University of Minnesota, was awarded the McKnight Presidential Fellow Award, which is awarded to 5-6 faculty at University of Minnesota who were most recently granted tenure. The award is to recognize their accomplishments and support their ongoing research and scholarship.