Graduate Admission Requirements for International Applicants
International applicants must hold the equivalent of an American four-year baccalaureate degree. All international students whose first language is not English, or who have not received a baccalaureate or master's degree from an institution where the language of instruction is English, must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and submit the results with the application for admission.
A MINIMUM-TOEFL score of 550 on the paper test or a score of 213 on the computer-based test is required for admission to Penn State.
Suggested Grade-Point Average (GPA) and Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
Most students admitted for graduate study in the Department of Health Policy and Administration typically have a GPA greater than 3.2 and GRE scores above the 50th percentile on each test or GMAT score above 550 (for MHA candidates). Please understand that these are typical grades and scores; they do not guarantee admission.
What to Submit
- Completed Graduate School Application
- Standardized test scores as required (GRE for M.S./Ph.D. or GRE or GMAT for M.H.A.) using the following codes as indicated on the testing form:
- Institution Code and Name: 2660 Pennsylvania ST U University Park
- Department Code and Name: 0607 Health Science Administration
- M.H.A. Program Code (needed for GMAT): ZZ8-T7-02
- One unofficial transcript from each institution attended to be uploaded via the Graduate School Application.
- Application for a U.S. Visa
- Official TOEFL Score
Additional information for international graduate students requirements can be found in the University Office of Global Programs' Directorate of International Student Advising.
Application deadline is February 1. Although we may continue to accept applications after February 1, prospective students who submit their applications by this date will improve their chances of admission and financial aid.
If you are ready to proceed to the application but have NOT read the Graduate School requirements, please first visit that website at http://www.gradschool.psu.edu/index.cfm/prospective-students/requirements/.