HPA Spring 2011 e-Newsletter — Announcements
The Penn State Master of Health Administration (MHA) program has been re-accredited by the The Council on the Accreditation of Health Management Educations (CAHME) for three years. CAHME's review of MHA programs is rigorous and involves a 3-day site visit by experts in the field to review documentation of the program's admissions procedures, curriculum, student work, and university support.
The site visit team meets with all faculty in the program as well as current students, alumni, and student preceptors, all of whom also participated in completing of a comprehensive self study of the program.
Karen Volmar, executive director of the MHA program, thanks all of her colleagues who helped to secure the program’s re-accreditation. The next site visit will take place in the spring 2013. Information on CAHME and the criteria for accreditation is available at www.cahme.org.
The 14th Annual Stanley P. Mayers Endowed Lecture and reception is slated for Wednesday, April 6. This year, the lecture will feature a panel discussion.
The discussion, titled "How Health Reform and a Regional Medical Campus will Change Centre County Healthcare," is being presented by the Penn State Department of Health Policy and Administration and the College of Health and Human Development, in conjunction with Mount Nittany Medical Center.
- Dr. Craig Hillemeier, professor and chair of Pediatrics and medical director of Penn State Children's Hospital;
- Dr. Eugene Marsh, senior associate dean, University Park campus, Penn State University College of Medicine;
- Alan Zuckerman, president of Health Strategies & Solutions, Inc., and a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and the American Association of Healthcare Consultants.
Daniel Garen, vice president, healthcare policy & clinical affairs for Siemens Healthcare, will serve as moderator.
The lecture and reception will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Nittany Lion Inn. For more information, please contact the Department of Health Policy and Administration at email@example.com or 814-863-1523.
View the Mayers Lecture invitation.
- April 15-17
- Blue-White Weekend is set for April 15-17. Kickoff for the Blue-White Game is tentatively scheduled for 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 16, in Beaver Stadium. The contest will air on the Penn State Sports Network and www.GoPSUsports.com. As in previous years, there will be no admission or parking fee for the Blue-White game.
- April 22, September 12
- MHA Board of Visitors Meetings
Gifts to the department help students pursue a high-quality education or help faculty conduct cutting-edge research.
For more information regarding philanthropic opportunities within the Department of Health Policy and Administration, please contact:
Director of Development
Stay in touch with faculty, students, and alumni through Facebook or LinkedIn.
College of Health and Human Development