College IT Resources
We have a number of pieces of equipment available for lending. You must be an affiliate of our college to borrow this gear. We have a PC desktop, laptops, Verizon Broadband cellular modem card, LCD video projector, and a digital camera. The PC desktop is available when your PC cannot be repaired quickly. You can borrow the PC desktop until your machine is ready. The other equipment can be checked out by calling ISS (814-865-INFO) to check availability and to make a reservation.
Items and Services Available to College Staff:
- Apple iPad 1 includes AT&T 3G capability so please heed our advice on the included handout when establishing and terminating your service. Since the contract period on the cell service is 30 days, we will honor checkout periods of up to 30 days, or until your data runs out! It is your responsibility to terminate cell service otherwise it renews automatically. Also make sure you sync the iPad with your PC in order to save any apps that you downloaded. We will wipe it clean before we loan it out again so all user changes will be lost. Included with the iPad is the keyboard/dock, power adapter, USB cable, video cable, and an informational handout.
- Desktop PCs are available for use in times when your own computer may be damaged or in repair for an extended period of time. You may keep a loaner until your computer is back in working order. The loaner PCs are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Dell Latitude E6400 laptop computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz Processor, 2GB SDRAM, 160GB HDD, and a DVD drive.
- Lenovo S10e IdeaPad Netbook. Intel ATOM Processor N270 Single Core (1.60GHz 533MHz). 1GB RAM, 80GB hard drive, 10.2" WSVGA display, Web cam, secure digital card slot and built-in B/G wireless. (WxDxH): 9.8" x 7.2" x 1.0". About 3 lbs. With case and mouse.
- Verizon USB760 Modem Broadband Wireless Access Card. When traveling, this card will allow you to keep in contact with your office, as it provides a network connection through the Verizon cellular telephone network.
- InFocus IN10 LCD Projector. 1800 lumens, 2.4 pounds and not much bigger than the picture! (tiny but not quite that tiny- actually not much bigger than a laptop). 1024 x 768 resolution (XGA) which is compatible with many laptop's native resolution. Stick one of the above Netbooks in the case with this guy and you have a traveling video projection show slung over your shoulder!
- Canon SD800iS Digital Camera. 7.1 Megapixel point 'n shoot camera with carrying case, 2 batteries, connecting cables, quick start guide, and 2GB SD Memory Card. Memory card holds 600 full size 7.1Megapixel pictures.
- Shure wireless microphone ULX1-M1. This wireless microphone is only for use in East Henderson Room 101. The microphone receiver is already located in room 101 and connected to the public address system there.
- Kensington Wireless Presenter with Laser Pointer. The Wireless Presenter with Laser Pointer lets you remain in control of your presentation from up to 65 feet away. Conveniently portable and easy-to-use, it frees you from distractions and lets you focus on what really matters- your audience.
- Panasonic PV-DV203 MiniDV Digital Palmcorder. The camera has a 10x optical zoom, a built-in microphone, and a 2.5 inch LCD viewscreen and an internal viewfinder. It can capture still pictures on the included 8MB secure digital (SD) memory card (30 fine quality 1280 x960 images or 70 normal quality 640 x 480 images per card). Two rechargeable batteries are included- a 1.5 hour and a 5 hour battery as well as an AC power adapter. A small desktop tripod, a larger floor-standing tripod, and a professional tripod with wheels is available.
You must supply the blank MiniDV tapes (masters) that you will use to tape your meeting or activity.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com to schedule the loaner equipment.
NOTE: It is highly recommended that individuals unfamiliar with this equipment spend some time learning about it before its actual use.
For example, you should assure that the camcorder batteries are fully charged before placing the camcorder in service. Also, the camcorder has many programmable settings. You should familiarize yourself with its operation before you find it not working as expected while taping your event.
Priority is normally given to classroom presentations by faculty who are unable to reserve equipment from Penn State's Media Tech group. Since most items are checked out several times per week, it is normally difficult to reserve these items for long periods of time. Contact our office for more information.