Kinesiology students have many career options after graduation. Consult with your adviser, speak with Kinesiology faculty, talk to professionals or peruse the links below for more information regarding possible career paths and Penn State courses for students interested in continuing their education in Allied Health Professions, including physical therapy, medical and dental school, and graduate school.
- Helpful Websites for all Kinesiology Options
- Penn State University Resources
- Career Paths for Kinesiology Majors
- Penn State courses typically needed for admission to Health Profession Programs - Eberly College of Science
- American Kinesiology Association
- Allied Health Profession Information - Eberly College of Science
The books listed below are available from the library or on the Web.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics (http://www.bls.gov/home.htm) Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH), 2006-07. The Handbook is revised every two years.
- Field, S. (2002). Career Opportunities in Health Care, 2nd Edition, New York, NY: Facts on File. ISBN: 0816048177 (pbk).
- Available from the Life Sciences Library on the University Park campus. This publication is also available at Penn State Altoona, Penn State Fayette, Penn State Lehigh Valley and Penn State Shenango.
- American Medical Association, Allied Health Education Directory, 7th-23rd Editions. Chicago. ISSN: 0194-3766
- Available from the Pattee and Paterno Library on the University Park campus. Also available at Penn State Hazleton, Penn State Lehigh Valley and Penn State Schuylkill