Physical Health Education Teacher Education (PHETE) Practicums
KINES 295A: Three-Day Practicum for Teachers (1 credit)
An introductory, observational experience in the public schools to be completed by no later than the end of the fourth semester. Students registered for this course will receive an e-mail regarding meeting times and course responsibilities.
At University Park, Kines 295A is only offered in the fall semester.
KINES 395A: Leadership Practicum for Teachers (1 credit)
A laboratory course emphasizing lesson planning and supervised teaching experiences in K to 12th grade health and physical education. This practicum course is done in conjunction with block 3 and just prior to student teaching (Kines 495A/block 4).
KINES 495A: Practicum in Student Teaching (12 credits)
Coordinator: Helene Monthley
A culminating experience in the public schools to be completed during or after the seventh semester. Eligibility for student teaching requires:
- A minimum grade of "C" in all courses required for the physical and health education teacher education option.
- Completion of the specified prerequisites.
- Acceptance into the physical and health education teacher education option.
- Submission of an application for student teaching to the PHETE program staff assistant by October 15 for fall placements and March 15 for spring placements prior to the academic year in which the practicum is to be scheduled.
- KINES 495A Application Instructions
- KINES 495A Application
- School District List