Graduate Application Info
- A minimum of a 3.0 grade-point average (on a 4.0 scale) for the junior and senior years of undergraduate study
- A recent GRE score (within five years) - Results from a recent Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test. Note: We do not accept GMAT, requirement is GRE only. Penn State's institution code is 2660 and the department code for RPTM is 0111:
- Photocopies are accepted but originals must be furnished before final acceptance into the program
- Suggested scores for acceptance: Verbal 470, (old) 151 (new), Quantitative 610, (old) 149 (new), Analytical 4.5
- A resume
- Three letters of reference
- A written statement of objectives for undertaking graduate study, with an indication of desired career and research focus
- A completed Application for Graduate Admission and Financial Assistance
- (International Students): A Recent TOEFL (IDT) 80, speaking component must be 19 or higher score, We do accept IELTS: 6.5 or higher. Results from a recent Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test. Penn State's institution code is 2660
- A phone interview with a member of the graduate faculty (International Students Only): faculty will contact applicant to set up interview
Fall Semester - Jan 15 of any year
Spring Semester - October 1 of any year
*These deadlines are recommended; however, applications will be considered throughout the year. Assistantship decisions begin in February of each year.
The process of applying for admission to graduate school at Penn State requires the following application materials, some of which are submitted to The Graduate School (Part 1) and others than must be sent directly to this graduate program (Part 2).
Mail the following items to Recreation, Park and Tourism Management Department, Graduate Program, 801 Ford Building, University Park, PA 16802:
- Two official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions
- International applicants must submit official or attested university records (with certified translations if the records are not in English)
- Notarized copies are not sufficient
- GRE scores: Photocopies will be accepted initially but official copies are necessary for final acceptance into the program.
- Application for Graduate Admission and Financial Assistance(may be uploaded directly via the online application)
- RPTM Graduate Letters of Recommendation(may be uploaded directly via the online application)
- Resume (may be uploaded directly via the online application)
- Autobiographical Statement or Personal Statement of Purpose (may be uploaded directly via the online application)
Several forms of financial support are available for graduate students in leisure studies. These include assistantships, fellowships, student loans, grants-in-aid, and wage payroll. Graduate assistantships are funded both through the university and from faculty research grants. A small number of wage payroll opportunities are available
For More Information
Please contact Melissa Strouse at 814-863-6599 or email@example.com.