- Eric Handley, PGA
- Director, Golf Teaching and Research Center
- Eric has been a faculty member at Penn State University since 2005 within the Penn State PGA Golf Management program. After working several years as a golf professional at private country clubs in Durham, NC and Duluth, GA, Eric earned his Master’s Degree in 2003. He has since continued his education in golf biomechanics, become certified through NG360 and TPI, and is a PGA Professional.
Eric oversees all of the functions of the Golf Teaching & Research Center, including research projects, player development programs, club fittings, golf instruction classes for the Penn State PGA Golf Management students, and detailed swing analysis for the general public.
- Michael Duffey, Ph.D.
- Faculty, Kinesiology
- Mike has a master's degree in exercise science and a Ph.D. in biomechanics. He has been a faculty member at Penn State University in Kinesiology and collaborating with PGA Golf Management program at Penn State University since 2006. His research and teaching focus on physical assessment, 3D motion analysis, and training program development for golf performance.
- Other Instructors
- Additional instructors within the department also include Burch Wilkes, director of Penn State’s PGA Golf Management program, and Brian Soulé PGA member and assistant director of PGA Golf Management Program.
- The GTRC also coordinates student instruction through numerous area PGA Professionals, graduate students, and undergraduate interns.