- Eric Handley, PGA
- Director, Golf Teaching and Research Center
- Eric Handley has been a faculty member at Penn State University since 2005 within the Penn State PGA Golf Management program. After working several years as an assistant golf professional at private country clubs in Durham, NC and Duluth, GA, Eric earned his Master’s Degree in 2003, and went on to become a Class A member of the PGA of America. He has since continued his education by becoming certified through NG360, TPI, and more.Eric coordinates all of the functions of the Golf Teaching & Research Center, including player development programs, club fitting, and golf instruction classes for the Penn State PGA Golf Management students, industry-funded research projects, and detailed swing analysis for the general public.
- Michael Duffey, PhD
- Faculty, Kinesiology
- Mike has a master's degree in exercise science and a Ph.D. in biomechanics. He has been a faculty member at Penn State University in Kinesiology and collaborating with PGA Golf Management program at Penn State University since 2006. His research and teaching focus on physical assessment, 3D motion analysis, and training program development for golf performance.
- Other Instructors
- Additional instructors within the department also include Burch Wilkes, director of Penn State’s PGA Golf Management program, and Brian Soulé PGA member and assistant director of PGA Golf Management Program.
- The GTRC also coordinates student instruction through numerous area PGA Professionals, graduate students, and undergraduate interns.