The PGM's Golf Teaching and Research Center is a year-round, world-class facility that provides you with top instruction and proprietory research aimed at helping you become a better player and teacher. Progress continues in our facilities with the addition of TrackMan, force plates, projector, screen, improved hitting turf, and numerous fitting carts. All of our technologies combine to create a unique top-notch facility that provides state of the art golf instruction, and conducts relevant golf research with industry partners.
- Golf Teaching and Research Center
- The Golf Teaching and Research Center is for the exclusive use of Golf Management students, in addition to conducting golf relevant research. The indoor space includes motion capture systems (www.qualisys.com/), video analysis equipment and software, ball flight monitors (www.flightscope.com), multiple hitting stations, synthetic putting green, golf-specific exercise equipment, as well as faculty and intern offices.
- Please contact us if you would like to be a part of this state-of-the-art facility. The Golf Management Program will continue to accept donations as it strives to further game improvement research and provide superior learning environments for students.
- Penn State Golf Courses
- All Penn State Golf Management students are members of the Penn State Golf Courses. This membership gives you full playing and practicing privileges on both the Blue Course and the White Course, along with the ability to make advanced tee times.
- Golf Shop
- For three consecutive years, Penn State Golf Courses was awarded the “100 Best Golf Shops” Award by the Golf World Business Magazine, a Golf Digest publication serving golf retailers. Golf Management students learn from this “Model Golf Shop,” which was also recognized by the Philadelphia PGA Section as a “Merchandiser of the Year” for four consecutive years.
- Practice Facilities
- The Penn State Golf Courses practice facility is set up to simulate all of the necessary practice situations that might be found on any course. The practice facility at the back of the practice range contains multiple hitting tiers, a chipping and pitching green, green-side bunkers, fairway bunkers, and uneven lies. These areas are for the use of PGM students and Penn State golf teams only. The Penn State Golf Courses practice facility also includes two large putting greens, one at the clubhouse and the other by the Golf Management office.
- Club Repair Facility
- The Penn State Golf Courses also has its own club repair facility. All Golf Management students have complete access to this building. The club repair room contains all the necessary tools to re-grip; re-shaft; and adjust lie, length, loft, and swing weight of any club. This is also the facility used each fall for club repair workshops conducted by a Golfworks master club repair specialist.
- PGM Office and Student Lounge
- The PGM Office and Student Lounge serves as everyone’s (students and faculty) second home. The new location is the seventh floor of the Donald H. Ford building. You will have full access to the faculty and staff of the PGM program. The student lounge includes multiple computers with Internet access and the internship database system.