Many students are active in social and professional organizations and clubs. Activities such as special events, guest lectures and field trips are planned all year long.
Recreation, Park and Tourism Management students are encouraged to become active members of organizations representing their specific areas of interest:
- The Recreation, Park and Tourism Management Student Society
- The Therapeutic Recreation Student Society
- Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society
- National Recreation and Park Association
- Penn State Professional Golf Management Student Society
- Pennsylvania Therapeutic Recreation Society
These are just a few of the organizations from which students may choose. Each of these organizations offers many opportunities to become involved in educational and social activities such as training workshops, career conferences, meetings with professionals and students from other programs, job marts, scholarships, and social events.