B.S. in RPTM - Commercial and Community Recreation Management Option
This option focuses on management in the private/commercial, nonprofit, and public sectors of recreation/leisure services.
The private/commercial focus will be of interest to students seeking careers in a variety of commercial settings, including:
- Theme parks
- Convention centers
- Sports/fitness facilities (including arenas and stadiums)
- Tourism promotion/planning agencies
- Corporate employee recreation
For those interested in careers within the public and nonprofit sectors, this option prepares students for positions within:
- Municipal, state, and federal government agencies
- Recreation divisions of armed services
- YMCA/YWCAs and similar agencies
- United Way agencies
- Scouting organizations
- University-affiliated units such as student unions, intramural, and alumni services
- Nonprofit organizations
Recommended Academic Plan
Semester-by-semester academic plans recommend in table form the courses students might schedule each semester as they pursue a particular degree.
The plans: Identify normal academic progress, course offerings, and recommended course sequencing; Assist students and advisers in planning academic schedules, registrars and departments in planning course offerings, and registrars and deans in determining when students should change campus; Help students to anticipate the academic workload and courses needed to earn a degree, and to schedule appropriate prerequisites; Serve as tools to help advisers learn the curriculum.
Semester scheduling recommendations for all baccalaureate majors can also be found in the University Bulletin.