School of Hospitality Management
The Penn State School of Hospitality Management is home of one of the most prestigious and well-respected programs of its kind in the nation.
By combining a broad educational foundation with "real-world experiences" and other opportunities for students to hone their leadership and communication skills, the School of Hospitality Management and its predecessor programs have equipped students to become industry leaders for over 75 years.
Students study hospitality on three continents in three semesters
SHM students studied hospitality on three different continents over three semesters as part of the Global Hospitality Management Program, a collaboration between SHM and universities in Hong Kong and the Netherlands. The fifth cohort of concluded in December, which included Penn State students Mark Evans, Kyungmee Lee and Heyjin Koo, in addition to students from the international universities.
Students visit Marriott International headquarters, meet with CFO
Twelve students had the opportunity to tour Marriott International’s newly renovated headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland, as part of a pre-professional development experience.
Students plan nonprofit fundraising events on zero-budget
It’s quite the scenario: $0, two nonprofit groups in need and six students tasked with organizing successful events to raise funds. It certainly was no easy task, but School of Hospitality Management students enrolled in Advanced Meetings and Events planned and executed two events to raise funds for Operation: Military Kids, which supports military families living in civilian communities, and Pencils of Promise, which builds schools in impoverished countries.
School of Hospitality Management searches for new director
Penn State’s School of Hospitality Management has launched a national search for a new director, as current Director John O’Neill will lead the school’s new Center for Hospitality Real Estate Strategy.
- Students visit Hilton Worldwide headquarters
- Industry Advisory Board opens doors for students
- Café Laura returns with new look, new tastes and new opportunities
- PSHRS names Michael Leven 2014 Hospitality Executive of the Year
- Alumni return to Hospitality Management classrooms to advise students
- SHM responds to social media's growing influence in hospitality industry
- Leland Pillsbury named Fall 2014 Conti Professor
- School of Hospitality Management lends expertise to Nigerian food service execs
- John O'Neill article on stress in the hospitality industry
- SHM students attend Hunter Hotel Investment Conference
- The School of Hospitality Management announces new Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.