School of Hospitality Management
The Penn State School of Hospitality Management is home of one of the most prestigious and well-respected programs of its kind in the nation.
By combining a broad educational foundation with "real-world experiences" and other opportunities for students to hone their leadership and communication skills, the School of Hospitality Management and its predecessor programs have equipped students to become industry leaders for over 75 years.
Students, faculty and alumni attend Hospitality Executive of the Year reception
More than 100 students, 10 faculty members and 50 alumni attended the 2014 Hospitality Executive of the Year reception presented by the Penn State Hotel & Restaurant Society (PSHRS) in New York City where PSHRS named Michael Leven, president and chief operating officer for Las Vegas Sands Corporation, as Hospitality Executive of the Year.
Students visit Hilton Worldwide, learn from corporate executives
Students enrolled in Penn State’s School of Hospitality Management (SHM) witnessed first-hand the operations of a major hospitality corporation, Hilton Worldwide, as part of an engaged scholarship opportunity.
Three years ago, the Penn State School of Hospitality Management (SHM) Industry Advisory Board was formed, allowing industry experts to strategically advise SHM on industry trends and guide students who are studying the field.
Since then, the 36-member board — which includes vice presidents and senior vice presidents with large companies and executive vice presidents, chief operating officers and CEO’s of smaller companies — has opened many doors for SHM students. Read more about the board and its impact.
- Café Laura returns with new look, new tastes and new opportunities
- PSHRS names Michael Leven 2014 Hospitality Executive of the Year
- Alumni return to Hospitality Management classrooms to advise students
- SHM responds to social media's growing influence in hospitality industry
- Leland Pillsbury named Fall 2014 Conti Professor
- School of Hospitality Management lends expertise to Nigerian food service execs
- John O'Neill article on stress in the hospitality industry
- SHM students attend Hunter Hotel Investment Conference
- The School of Hospitality Management announces new Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Nancy Johnson named Spring 2014 Conti Professor