The Conti Educational Series
The fourth Conti Symposium was held Friday, April 8th, 2011 at the Nittany Lion Inn on Penn State's University Park Campus.
The recent revisions to Federal and State nutrition policies and programs along with the USDA's new dietary guidelines and the FDA's proposed food menu labeling program was the foundation for this symposium and how industry will put these changes into practice.
Federal, State and industry experts served as panelists for a symposium sponsored by the Penn State School of Hospitality Management. The symposium, "Making a Difference: Putting Nutrition Policy into Practice," gave the panelists and an opportunity to discuss the most critical issues around nutrition policy, the future of healthy foods and how the food and beverage industry will adapt to these changes.
L-R: Pete Bordi, Ned Book, John Metz, Everette James,
Ronald Deis, Robert Post
- Everette James, J.D., M.B.A.
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Health Policy and Planning (Health Sciences) and Professor of Health Policy and Management (Graduate School of Public Health), University of Pittsburgh; former Secretary of Health, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Robert C. Post, Ph.D., M.Ed., M.Sc.
- Deputy Director, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Vonda Fekete, M.S., R.D.
- Division Chief State Director, Child Nutrition Programs, Division of Food and Nutrition, Bureau of Budget and Fiscal Management, Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Peter L. Bordi, Jr., Ph.D., M.S.
- Associate Professor and Director, Penn State Center for Food Innovation, Penn State School of Hospitality Management
- John C. Metz
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Metz Culinary Management
- Franco Harris
- President, Super Bakery, Inc.
- Ronald C. Deis, Ph.D.
- Director, Applications, Sweeteners and Polyols, Corn Products, Intl.