M.S. Degree Requirements
All M.S. candidates are required to present a research poster at the University Graduate Research Exhibition (held in the spring semester) at least once prior to their final oral defense.
Additionally, students in the M.S. program must complete a course load of 36 credits.
Methods Courses (12 credits)
- HRIM 503
- Research Methods in HRIM (3) (required)
- Stat 500
- Applied Statistics (3) (required)
- 6 Credits of Methods Courses
- Stat 501 Regression Methods (3)
- Stat 502 Analysis of Variance and Design of Experiments (3)
HRIM Colloquium (3 credits)
- HRIM 590
- Colloquium (3)
Concentration Courses (15 credits)
- 15 credits that build a focused hospitality research area (courses are selected at the direction of the student's adviser and thesis committee).
- Must include 9 credits of HRIM 597 (Special Topics).
- No more than 3 credits of independent study should be used to meet concentration requirements (at the discretion of the professor-in-charge)
Thesis Research (6 credits)
- HRIM 600
- Thesis Research (6)