The Graceful Exit – Leaving Penn State
Here is a list of items to check/do prior to and throughout your final academic semester at Penn State:
- Check your degree audit to be sure you have completed all academic graduation requirements. Contact your academic adviser if you have questions regarding your degree audit.
- Set your intent-to-graduate indicator on eLion prior to the semester deadline.
- Go to www.registrar.psu.edu, click on graduation and read all instructions.
- Check your eLion account for last minute holds and take the necessary steps to remove them from your account.
- Review your semester bill on eLion to be sure you are paid in full.
- Return all library books.
- Do not get an on-campus parking ticket (may cause a hold to be placed on your student account and diploma).
- Update your address and telephone information with Penn State.
- Use your eLion account (available up to 6 months after graduation) to print unofficial transcripts, degree audits (for major GPA calculation) and other pertinent information for future use.
- Get general letters of recommendation from faculty and others to be used as needed throughout the job or school search.
If you have borrowed student loans, complete your on-line exit interview at studentloans.gov.
- Know who owns your student loans and how much you have borrowed from each lender.
You can check federal loan information at www.nslds.ed.gov.
Your private loan information will not be included at the above web site.
- Update your new address and telephone information with all lenders.
- Understand the consequences of default and learn about loan consolidation at studentloans.gov.