A student is eligible for participation in the Women’s Leadership Initiative if she:
- Is enrolled in one of the majors in the College of Health and Human Development or the College of Nursing
- Is a full-time undergraduate student enrolled at University Park during the 2014-15 academic year
- Has a cumulative grade-point average of 2.75 or higher
- Is an upper division student (60-90 credit hours) at the beginning of fall semester, 2014
- Is graduating no sooner than fall semester 2015
“Being a part of the WLI was more than a lesson in leadership. I learned that I was capable of more than I believed. The lessons I learned in WLI helped me lead other organizations while at Penn State and enter my graduate program knowing that I can express my thoughts and ideas confidently to a room full of people.”
-Alex Koller, WLI 2011-12
The ideal applicant for WLI will:
- Be open to change
- Be willing to engage in deep reflection - learning about herself and others
- Be committed to learning about leadership, developing leadership skills, and practicing those skills
Read more about the WLI student experience
The application deadline for the 2014-15 academic year has now passed.
- Completed form
- Answers to (5) essay questions
- One recommendation form completed by faculty member or academic adviser (sent directly to WLI)
- Second letter of recommendation (optional)
- The Women’s Leadership Initiative is limited to 30 registered students.
- Students earn 4 credit hours (2 in fall, 2 in spring) in a 400-level course for full participation.
- Talk to your academic adviser now to explore ways this unique learning opportunity might fit in to your academic and professional portfolio.