How May I be Involved?
The Women’s Leadership Initiative welcomes your participation
and support at every level.
- Mentor a WLI student
- Contribute to the curriculum by speaking at a WLI Sunday Session or Weekend Workshop
- Share your expertise and experiences by participating in a panel discussion
- Provide an externship site for a WLI student
- Broaden the WLI network by suggesting women leaders who can contribute to WLI programming
"My experience of having a mentor has been great. Joan and I are a great match, I think. I knew that Joan was not a speech pathologist, which worried me at first. But it really didn’t matter. Joan took interest in my education, friends, family, professional and personal goals. We had so much to talk about in emails and in person! She is so successful and was completely open to share her own experiences with me. I learned a lot about her business sense and other important decisions that I will need to make, regardless of my profession. Thanks for giving me the chance to get to know such a wonderful role model! "
- Katie Kovaly/CSD Major
I would like to support
- workshops & seminars to develop leadership capacity
- special projects in leadership, designed, implemented and
evaluated by WLI participants
- externships to participate in applied leadership roles
- mentorships with alumnae to develop professional relationships
- unrestricted giving to fund new or existing WLI programming
"Please always know that I am here and when I get out of college and become successful that I will be donating money to this program and coming back to speak at a key note speaker session ? Seriously, I want to give a huge thank you to making this program and giving me the opportunity to be a part of the inaugural class. WLI has opened so many doors for me and because of this program I now have numerous connections and people that want to help me become successful…"
- Jodi Simmons, BBH Major
Director of Development