Please write one essay that responds to all of the following items. Your essay should demonstrate a coherent integration of all your responses. You should not respond to each item separately.
Limit your response to 500 words for the total of the five items. It should be one essay. Count your words and put the number at the end of the essay.
Please note that the essay portion of the application is most important in the selection decision.
- Identify a woman in a leadership position (current or past and not a relative) and outline specific ways in which she has influenced your learning about and/or experiences with leadership.
- Describe a special characteristic you have that will make you a good leader.
- Provide one concrete example showing how your participation in an organization or activity (e.g., student organization, work experience, community service, or class project) made a difference in the achievement of your goals.
- Discuss benefits you hope to gain from your participation in the WLI.
- Describe any unique experiences or personal background characteristics you have that, when shared with other students, will enrich the group’s thinking about leadership.